Saturday, May 23, 2009

Call Me GPS

The plan, today, is to go upstate. I will not be driving, of course. But just in case the driver needs help with navigation, I intend to be ready.

"But how?" you ask. "You can't read the highway signs."

Excellent point. I can't. However, I did print out directions on MapQuest and translate them, using my own personal code, into large brown-magic-marker abbreviations on the back of the sheet.

So, as long as I can remember what road we're on, I'll know which one we're supposed to be looking for. At least, that's the plan.

As for the ability to identify nearby rest stops and gas stations, we will be at the mercy of the highway commission.

2 comments:

Rich said...

I navigate for mom all the time using the TomTom.

Unknown said...

As navigator, you did quite nicely. Until it turned into the not-not-blind leading the might-as-well-be-blind-because-all-these-roads-have-the-same-name.