Sunday, November 2, 2008

That One

I went to a theater event on Halloween, and I wore this:

Truth be told, I've been wearing it every day since I got it. But that's besides the point.

After the show, I went over to talk to one of the producers, a friend I haven't seen since Hillary and Obama were duking it out. At the time, he was an ardent Hillary supporter. Now, as it turns out, he's pushing for McCain. He's the only New Yorker I know who's even considering voting for McCain. I think he's just trying to get a rise out of people.

As I came over, he introduced me to the British actor he was speaking to.

"This is Jeremy," he began. "He's mostly blind. Jeremy, I don't know if you realize this, but that shirt you're wearing isn't a McCain shirt."

I figure I may as well respond to one lame attempt at humor with another: "You know, I don't think I'm the only one operating with a blind spot here."

His British friend asked if he really, honestly, was voting for the crazy old man, and my friend drunkenly responded that at least Palin has experience as a governor. What qualifications does this Obama guy have.

"You're right," I said while smiling and nodding. "He's completely unqualified to be president. No qualifications whatsoever."

Then the British guy's attractive girlfriend joined us and remarked that she really wanted a shirt like mine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I know who you're talking about here :) and they weren't English, but Australian.
I heart your blog.